Overview of the TheraSuit Method Intensive Program
The TheraSuit Method Intensive Program is designed to increase functional outcomes of traditional therapy services.
- Read our Introduction to the TheraSuit Method Intensive Program brochure (optimized for mobile)
Patients participate in an individualized strengthening program for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 3 consecutive weeks.
A variety of tools and techniques including the TheraSuit and the Universal Exercise Unit allow the participants to achieve accelerated functional outcomes.
Therasuit Method can be beneficial for many populations (see list below) including treatment for cerebral palsy as well as treatment for spasticity.
Little Tesoros TheraSuit Method Intensive Program:
- Uses the TheraSuit and the Universal Exercise Unit which includes the bungee and pulley weight systems.
- Is provided by a combination of physical, occupational, and speech therapists.
- Runs 3 hours per day, 5 days a week, for 3 weeks.
“TheraSuit has helped my son in tremendous ways. His progression that would have probably taken him months to achieve, was succeeded within three weeks. Amberly is an amazing therapist. She is kind, patient, and really caring. I would recommend the TheraSuit services at Little Tesoros to anyone with physical limitations. It works wonders!”
Kalynn and David Nguyen, parents of Kai, age 2
What is the Universal Exercise Unit (UEU) and TheraSuit?
The UEU is an open metal cage equipped with pulleys, weights, straps, and elastic cords. This dynamic system allows us to isolate and strengthen desired muscle groups and improve specific, functional movement patterns.
The TheraSuit is a soft, proprioceptive, dynamic orthosis consisting of a cap, vest, shorts, knee pads, and shoe attachments that are connected to each other through a system of elastic bands.
It is a safe, effective tool used in combination with our intensive exercise program and the UEU to accelerate the child’s progress.
The TheraSuit also:
- Improves proprioception
- Reduces pathological reflexes
- Restores proper patterns of movement & posture
- Provides external stabilization and supports weak muscles
- Corrects body alignment
- Improves hip alignment by vertical loading over the hip joint
- Stimulates the brain to re-train the Central Nervous System
- Provides tactile and sensory stimulation
- Improves speech production and fluency
- Loads the body with gravity type pressures
- Accelerates the progress of newly learned movements and functional skills
“TheraSuit was such an amazing experience for our son. It gave him so much more strength in his core and confidence in his walking. Not even a week after completing the program he took his first steps by himself!”
Kelsie, mom to Raegan, age 3
TheraSuit Method Intensive Program is recommended for children with:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spina Bifida
- Other Neurological Disorders
- Post Stroke (CVA)
- Developmental Delays
- Down Syndrome
- Other Syndromes
For more information or to schedule your intensive please call us at 512-248-2422 or email us.